What is Dermafill and how does it work?
Membranes are individually packaged in sterile envelopes and shipped in boxes of 12 envelopes. Membranes come in three sizes: 3" x 4", 4" x 6" and 6" x 8". These can be overlapped as needed to cover large wounds.
CSDF0304: 3" x 4" box of 12
CSDF0304: 4" x 6" box of 12
CSDF0304: 6" x 8" box of 12
CSDFM642: 3" x 4" (qty 6), 4" x 6" (qty 4)
and 6" x 8" (qty 2) - COMING SOON!
Indications and Usage
Dermafill is recommended for use as a temporary covering/dressing for the treatment of wounds including:
- Pressure sores/skin tears
- Venous stasis, arterial, ischemic and diabetic wounds
- Second degree burns
- Skin graft donor sites
- Traumatic abrasions and lacerations
- Biopsy dressing
At a Glance
- Versatile, ideal for skin tears, abrasions, pressure, diabetic, burns, venous and arterial wounds, and post op., donor, and biopsy sites
- Save time and labor costs - costs less than other dressings
- Latex free & hypoallergenic
- Clear, allowing for easy monitoring between dressing changes
- Mimics the body’s own collagen - physiologic
- Instant pain relief reported
- Less frequent dressing changes reduces opportunities for nosocomial infections
- Excellent haemostatic properties
- Improved outcomes
- Not for use for third-degree burns
- Not for use on actively infected wounds unless infection is actively being treated and followed by medical personnel
Slight discoloration of dressing to yellowish-white may occur and does not affect the quality of the product. Sterility is maintained unless the individual envelope is opened or damaged if package integrity is compromised discard membrane – do not use. Once opened, excess membrane not used at time of application should be discarded. Do not use membranes between patients or store unused membranes once envelopes are opened. Dermafill should be removed and physician notified if signs or symptoms of infection become present or any adverse reactions are observed.
Dermafill is to kept be at room temperature and kept dry.